Sevanatha works to empower urban poor communities to achieve and sustain improved quality of life. It achieves this through conducting programmes in community empowerment, skills training and solid waste management.
Expertise Areas in Waste Management
• Promote Community Livelihood Action Planning (CAP) trainings
• Promoting source segregation of waste and use of compost bins to manage organic waste
• Promote collection centres for recyclable waste as a viable option of SWM
• Training on community based solid waste management for local authorities, NGOs and community groups
• Implementing demonstration projects as well as city wide projects in the above areas.